Monday, 21 January 2013

Currently I Am – Listmania 1

I love a list! When Deb at Home Life Simplified announced she was launching Listmania, I knew I was in.  Each week, Deb will provide a prompt and then you can link up your posts on her blog.

 

Currently I am:

Reading: Since getting my iPad, I have gotten back into reading. I’ve just started reading Liane Moriarty’s What Alice Forgot. Alice hits head head during a step class and loses 10 years of her life. Instead of being happily married and pregnant, she’s a mother of three and in the middle of a divorce.  I’m only a few chapters in, but so far it’s got me hooked.

Listening to: I divulged my obsession to Richard Mercer’s Love Song Dedications radio show every night as I drive to work yesterday but my “go to” Album at the moment is Taylor Swift’s RED. Love it! Must admit, I hit repeat a couple of times on “I knew you were trouble”.

Taylor Swift Red Screenshot

Laughing at: Last night I watched the Just For Laughs – Montreal Comedy Festival on TV. I love a good laugh and this has me laughing until my belly hurt, then kept on going!

Swooning over: I’m still madly in love with my new bed and linen.  I think it’s a love affair that will last a while.

Planning: If you promise not to tell 7 year old Jacob, because I couldn’t stand months of “how long, how many sleeps, when are we going”, I’m currently planning another trip to Queensland.  Flights were organised last year during a sale, now I’m just deciding where to stay etc.

Eating lots of: Shortbread biscuits left over from Christmas! Happy to say, we are nearly at the end of a very large quantity.

IMG_2753[1]

Feeling: Renewed. Since I declared 2013 the year of doing for us, I feel like we are making the most out of each day. I was getting really sad thinking about the things we could have done or places we could have gone during a day we had just wasted doing nothing. I know it’s still only January, but so far the plan is working.

Discovering: I’ve been tracing our family history for a few decades now and I’m constantly discovering new and interesting things about my ancestors. 

Looking at: My gorgeous friend Fiona gave me this plaque and I love it.  It hangs on the wall next to my desk.

Wearing: The beautiful “ Live, Love, Laugh” necklace my husband got me for Christmas.

Cooking: Even though it’s summer, my slow cooker is still getting a workout. I love how easy it is just to whack everything in, turn it on and voila, dinner. Makes it very easy for my husband who it on dinner duty on the nights I work. I can just pop everything in before I go to bed and when I wake up, they are all fed :)

Wondering: How I’m going to cope with Zachary heading off to Uni this year and living away from us :(

Trying out: I have lusted after a Thermomix for ages so when the Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master came out at a affordable price, I decided to try it out to see just how much I would use it. I’m still lusting after the Thermomix but for the time being my “Bella” is serving me well.

 

And just because I can, I’m also linking up to i must confess

And Open Slather Monday :)

36 comments:

  1. Hi Nat thanks for visiting my Facebook yesterday I am still getting through the FBLS still for everyone. I can't justify the cost of a thermomix but they look fantastic. I love your bed linen as well. Do you plan to put something on the wall above your bed? I am on the lookout for some sort of feature to cover the feature wall my hubby painted (which I am not a fan of-don't tell! Ha ha) great getting to know you for link mania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for something I like for that wall for 9 years :) My eldest made me a mosaic mirror but it's a little heavy - wouldn't want it falling on my head while I was sleeping.

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with your new bed and linen too - very nice! I need to get out our slow cooker more too. I've been spoilt with my husband being home and cooking so well but it will fall back on me when he heads back to school so I should start looking at the easiest options for me on work days - you can't stuff up a casserole, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made some weird concoctions in my slow cooker but they end up tasting ok. My hubby is a "master reheater" - likes to think that equals cooking (I don't think so)

      Delete
  3. Great to learn more about you :) That book sounds really good, might have to download it myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. So far, I'm enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. I am in love with your bed too! It loks like such a relaxing spot! I think I need that plaque yor friend gave you! Although I am not sure that the caffiene helps keep me as calm as I would like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. It's strange - coffee has a relaxing, calming effect on me :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely to read a little bit about you, I can't wait to do this list! Although won't be until later in the week. BTW - am loving your linen! Emily @ Have a laugh on me, found you through Kirsty @ My Home Truths .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. Look forward to reading your list :)

      Delete
  6. That bed linen is gorgeous! And you already know we are on the same page re: Miss Swift. Especially love the duet she does with Ed Sheeran. Also loving that keep calm sign. Think I need one of those at work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Née. Taylor has been on repeat since this morning - whole album, not just the one song :)

      Delete
  7. Ha! seems there's a few of us on the Taylor Swift bandwagon :)
    That necklace is gorgeous, well done Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey-Lee. I've come across quite a few Taylor Swift answers to listening to. Just means we all have good taste :)

      Delete
  8. I am also in agreeance with everyone else - love the bed linen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacana. I'm rather proud of my purchase :)

      Delete
  9. Love the bed linen, and that necklace is gorgeous! I used to read quite a bit, but since having the girls I don't have much time too, that book sounds like something I would like :) I play that Taylor Swift song loud when it comes on in the car(and sing badly!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for visiting my blog...love your list!!
    and i am another crock pot fan!!!
    wahoooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. I really do love my slow cooker :)

      Delete
  11. Love your whole list! I am in awe of how many people bought thermomix's last year - i see so many recipes on pinterest for it...out of my budget i think (would rather put it towards updating my actual kitchen lol)

    on my list for this year is hopefully to get a new bed and linen (our bed is 14 years old and was supposed to be temporary when we moved to Oz - who knew we'd stay and become residents)

    off to finally download TS album after 3 different lists mentioned her LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks deb. I noticed that Taylor Swift was making quite a few appearances.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous necklace, wall hanging and bed ... and I'm going to order that book from my library right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I finished the book during the week and it was pretty good :)

      Delete
  13. That book sounds really interesting. I might have to add it to my very long 'to read' list lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a pretty good read Tegan. On to another one now :)

      Delete
  14. That book sounds great! Similar to one I just read which you may like http://www.amazon.com/Before-Go-To-Sleep-ebook/dp/B004GUSG4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358764916&sr=8-1&keywords=before+I+go+to+bed

    I have a Thermomix, have had it for 14 months..yep it's expensive but once you have it the cost becomes a non-issue. I love mine. I'm interested to hear how your Bellini goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the Bellini has been good.
      Oooh before I Go To Sleep looks good. May have to add that to my reading list.

      Delete
  15. This is a great list and now I too am lusting after the 'Thermomix!' Wow.. I reeaally need to get one of those. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MiMi. I'm still lusting after the Thermomix but for the time being the Bellini is doing fine

      Delete
  16. I love that bed linen! Looks gorgeous! Our slow cooker gets a workout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bed and bed linen is totally swoon-worthy! Lovely. Eesh about your son heading off to Uni. It's a good reminder to us with little one's though that the time does pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm still surprised that they grow up :(

      Delete
  18. Oh I'd be interested to see how the wannabe thermomix is. I've heard such good things about the original

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's holding it's own. I'm sure I have a lot more experimenting to do.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover