Home40 Things To Do Now I'm 40All About UsDisclosurePR Contact Me

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Meet Me On Monday

OK, I know that it’s Wednesday, but I have just found that this meme is now being hosted by Acting Balanced. I really loved doing this meme when Java from Never Growing Old ran it. it’s simple and interesting :)

Acting Balanced

Here are today's Questions:

1. What was the first live concert you ever attended?
2. What colours look best on you?
3. What is one thing about you that most people wouldn't know?
4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail?
5. What do you think is the greatest invention of your lifetime and why?

My Answers:

1. What was the first live concert you ever attended?
In 1985, I was allowed to attend my first concert with my two best friends, Jo and Ang. They bought me a ticket to John Mellencamp’s Scarecrow Concert in Melbourne. I still remember that they wrapped up the ticket and hid it inside a tampon box, which of course, I opened in the middle of the street :) For your viewing pleasure, I had added a video of “Rain on the Scarecrow” live from Farm Aid. I still {heart} John Mellencamp, and when I grow up, I still might marry him *sigh*

2. What colours look best on you?
Black
, bright blues and purples, I think. If they don’t suit me, I really need to get myself some new friends, because no one has said anything………

3. What is one thing about you that most people wouldn't know?
OK, I’ve sat and pondered this question for ages. Even left the laptop, had dinner, watched TV and then came back to it. And still, nothing! I guess I’m pretty much an open book and will blabber away about anything to anyone :)

4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail?
Ummmm, maybe I’m not really a grown up, because I would call my Daddy :)

5. What do you think is the greatest invention of your lifetime and why?
Hmmm, with just of 40 years of inventions to choose from, I really want to say something really techy, like laptops, digital cameras or an iPhone (all which I love) But I would have to say, as the mother of five children, the temporal thermometer wins hands down. Why?? Have you ever tried to take the temperature of one of your kids when they aren’t well and wiggle all over the place. Holding a mercury or digital thermometer under their arm or balanced under their tongue really sucks! I have the Microlife Infrared Forehead Thermometer and I love it – too easy peasy to take temps at home now.


Image from here

 

2 comments:

  1. I like John Mellencamp! I remember when he was called Johnny Cougar. I still LOVE his songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Blossy. I still have all his older albums on good ol' vinyl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover